Photoshop Layer Masks







Just a few of my Photoshop displacement map compositions to sum up the previous unit. This process allows my print collection to be visualised on garments or within interiors, and in short it's a simple method of being able to understand whether a print 'works' effectively.

In these examples, large scale prints seem to work well due to the contrasting colour, and space between motifs within the print repeats.  In some cases, after creating a layer mask using a print, I had found that either the garment didn't work with the print, or the scale wasn't complementary. 'Ditsy' prints in particular I had this issue with.

I still need to work on the displacement levels due to some of my examples being slightly distorted in places, therefore don't necessarily represent the draped/manipulated fabric in it's true form.



Comments

Popular Posts