Group Tutorial Reflection

Since reflecting on my group tutorial, I feel enthusiastic and am itching to continue in my development process. The vast combination of positive and constructive feedback I received from the session has inspired me to push myself further in the last few weeks coming up, and I'm ready to get stuck back in!

The main accent of positivity I received related to my coherent colour scheme which I established early on in my development process. This, teamed with my research, creates a 'strong aesthetic' which I was informed really helped my peers immerse themselves within my thought process and project concept; basically the brighter the better!

I was also praised on my experimentation using initial drawings to develop into bold statement prints. By changing elements relating to composition, scale and layering techniques, I have been able to keep my work innovative.

Ways in which were suggested to improve my work were to begin my sampling process using a variety of non-paper based materials, and to be 'brave' by experimenting further to create textural outcomes that relate to my concept's aesthetic of drawing attention. Another constructive contribution was that I hadn't really included much in-depth research into the direction I hope to end up at, so I will consider further inspiration that is channeling my thought process.

Moving forward within the next week, I intend to finish refining my screen designs, and begin to start dying tactile fabrics, such as netting, in order to layer onto my prints and create more dimension to two-dimensional surfaces. Since being inducted on the ETHOS embroidery machine this week, I also intend to take this further and continue with developing stitch-based responses to my drawings as I believe it will add further intrigue to the printed surface designs.

I genuinely found the group tutorial a really rewarding experience, especially being able to share ideas and techniques from different disciplines that wouldn't have been previously considered. I left feeling motivated, and full of new prospects which will definitely continue to flourish within the final few weeks of development.






Comments

Popular Posts