Making A Garment


I can completely confirm that this process was a learning curve, although by persevering and maintaining a positive outlook, I managed to produce a 'working' outcome that illustrates the context of my technical designs. 

The biggest challenge I faced was the production of the garment using the domestic sewing machines. Unfortunately, due to the Fashion department being under constraints, I was unable to be inducted on the industrial machines during this module. Although this was unfortunate, I am very keen to be inducted in the future; an overlocker would have definitely been very helpful in tidying up the seams! 

Although I now feel positive about the printed outcome, the second issue I faced was managing to get my pattern pieces repeat screen-printed in the limited print-room space available. The process itself took longer than anticipated, therefore if I intended to use the same technique in the future, I would consider using a bigger sized screen or even using digitally printed fabric.

The dress itself is far from perfect, but I feel that I have learnt a great deal from my mishaps and have produced something that I feel fits coherently with my project. It also allowed me to consider future ideas for fashion photography in order round my work up in a creative and exciting way. 







Comments

Popular Posts