Individual Tutorial and Initial Compositions


My individual tutorial was pretty positive overall, leaving me in a refreshed and enthusiastic state of mind. I'm excited to really start the sampling process and begin sampling. 

The first suggestion was to really start concentrating on the geometric aspect of my self-initiated brief. The samples I had brought to the session were mostly botanical based, therefore I need to really begin to bring in the structural reflecting aspect. By exploring this in unconventional ways, such as cutting into my prints, embellishing with interesting objects and considering overlapping layers, I believe I will really illustrate this aspect of my intentions. 

Considering the scale of motifs used in digital prints was also a very relevant suggestion. In the digital compositions I have initially made, the motifs are small in scale. By enlarging the size of both the motifs, and the size of the print sample, I believe that it will be a more effective and cohesive outcome, which will relate to my preferred context of fashion in a more direct manner. 

The final proposal was to consider opacity, transparency, and layering. By taking a more experimental  and bold approach to producing prints using Photoshop tools, I hope to produce outcomes featuring techniques that I haven't used beforehand, and that create more interest to a previously 'flat' design. 

Within the next week, I intend to really work on experimenting with texture and overlay. I hope to use screen printing to add flocking to designs, and perhaps ETHOS embroidery to add bold surface interest. 




Comments

Popular Posts