Miao: Initial Feedback Reflection

During my first tutorial, my group took part in a peer review alongside the other groups and fashion students. The intentions were to provide each other with critical feedback to assist with the initial development process.

The most important critical feedback I received was that I desperately needed a concise story to draw my research together. My current ideas were too disjointed, and I really need to work on bringing the concept of Miao culture moving to urban environments and losing their identity alive within my development.

It was suggested to consider the idea of tradition moving into the contemporary and modern and how this could clash and create something really original and interesting.

Another key point made was to start amalgamating my research into my sketchbook rather than keeping them as two separate files. This would result in my responses to artists becoming clearer, and therefore making my concept stronger.

I have admittedly struggled in the last week, finding it particularly difficult to find my 'niche' area of interest that will fuel my research. By spending more time in the library and really starting to branch out with drawing, I hope to feel more on track.


Comments

Popular Posts