Miao: Final Line Ups

 
For our tutorial, we decided to Photoshop render our collaged compositions to get some feedback on our distribution of colour and our work-in-progress collection. Although they weren't particularly refined yet, we received a mixture of both positive and constructive feedback which was really encouraging. The most prominent point being to make the compositions more 'wearable' as they were slightly too exaggerated in aspects, such as unrealistic sleeves and hemlines that are too exaggerated in their asymmetric-style. After this session, we felt positive, and had a clear direction in which to head towards due to being prepared in advance and patching together a rough line-up.

 
 
This was then followed by a group meeting, where we decided to discuss our line-up and finalize on our fabric compositions. Due to how different our design styles were, this was quite difficult. Some members also didn't contribute much in the way of producing samples, so we were limited in our choice of being able to select the fabrics. One member was also very opinionated, so I felt like I had to be really persistent in getting my work involved, otherwise it would have been mostly their work involved in the line-up. Apart from this, we were able to finalize our selections and continue to develop our final line up.
 
 
Group meeting discussing fabric swatches

We then scanned in all our fabric designs in order to allow us to make a digital version of our line up. This was quite time consuming, and although the outcome looked polished, it didn't necessarily give our materials the valuable tangible quality from the computer screen. I also found that our garments were much darker after our group member had edited them than we initially discussed, so I found it a little frustrating that my samples weren't necessarily being shown in their true vibrant self. Something I was happy with was the amount that my work featured in the final line up, as I think this really improved my confidence in my drawing and designing skills and made me realize that I can in fact design garments in a cohesive and contemporary way.



Comments

Popular Posts