Miao: My Painted Line up examples

 
After another crit, we decided to go ahead and produce some hand painted designs of our line up. I took initiative, and started to individually draw out every design onto A3 which was quite a painstaking process. I wanted the designs to all match together, so I traced every aspect of each fabric's print as best as I could in order for when the designs got delegated, they still looked cohesive.
 
Although we initially thought we would equally delegate the illustrations, I ended up mostly taking responsibility for them due to the other group members taking control over the group file. It took me about four days to finish painting my six designs, but I feel like I'm really happy with the quality of their outcome, and I think I was definitely able to inject the vibrancy of my prints back into each design, as well as showing the movement of the fabrics. I decided to use Gouache paint as I thought the flatness of the colour complimented each design well when dried, and found acrylic paint too glossy.
 






Comments

Popular Posts