Biomimicry: Development Outcomes

 
After a week and a half of experimentation with a variety of tactile fabrics, I decided to photograph my outcomes in the daylight studio. This is definitely a process I really want to continue using as I believe it allows samples that are perhaps more of a work in progress to look polished and professional as an end product of a body of work.
 
Below are some of my ETHOS experimentation examples. I decided to keep them mostly simplistic, due to the fabrics and the minimal amount of stitched outline doing the 'talking' as so to speak. I played around with fabric layering, in some cases using the netting as the top layer, and then in other examples using the sheer chiffon as the overlay and the mesh as the underlay.
 
I found the contrast of deep navy, cobalt and yellow really interesting- a colour combination I would definitely like to take forward in the future.
 
 
 

 
Below is an example of one of my Shibori experiments. The dyed, navy sheer fabric added a really interesting tonal element to the outcome. Due to the fabric being hand-dyed, it picked up the dye in a kind of uneven way, which I personally thought added further interest. I would love to take this process further and perhaps add print to the textured developments.










 
I also started developing some digital designs towards the end of my project, inspired by my acetate designs that I continually over-layed. Once sublimation printed on fabric, I then used screen-print techniques.
 
 






Comments

Popular Posts