Biomimicry: Thoughts For The Future

After showing my work to my peers in the form of a Presentation, I was given feedback and questions to consider when developing my concept further. I found this experience pretty daunting due to having to speak openly about my thoughts and processes during this first module, but did really appreciate the feedback. Having someone's suggestions from another perspective is definitely useful in moving forward.

The comments put forward mostly were based on development ideas. The first being that perhaps it would be useful to record further my processes used, as when I'm describing it, sometimes its easier to understand having a visual aid alongside. Another suggestion was to continue using my layering acetate technique, but push this further by incorporating a wider range of motifs, and perhaps layering them in a 'heavier' way. The final two considered suggestions were to perhaps link my concept to my CP3 research and maybe relate it to human cells, and also to incorporate my print designs into my shibori technique to add another dimension of interest.
 
Questions put forward included:

How would Shibori work on other fabrics/materials?
Where do you see your outcomes?
Where did your research originate from?
Who would perhaps wear your designs?

After my presentation, this really helped me think and consider my future development in regards to both this project and the next one. I think generally, I found this brief difficult. This was mostly due to the short amount of time we had to produce an on-going body of work. I found it initially challenging to get started and struggled with the drawing/sketchbook side of things, so instead went for it with sampling in order to get things really going. Overall, I'm not completely satisfied with the level of outcomes I produced, but I think by photographing what I had in the studio, it helped me to have a slightly more polished overview of what I had achieved.


 
e this project?

Comments

Popular Posts