New Tribe: Drawing Initial Compositions


After collecting examples of motif development, I decided to start considering their placement on the page within compositions. Once printed out, I thought I'd start developing these further by drawing back into them, adding back into them the chaos of Mexican culture, and responding to my research into 'Stranger in paradise' by Hew Locke. The images I've previously referenced featured contrasting prints as well as adorned sculptures. 

I initially found this particularly difficult, often finding that the outcomes of my printed designs looked too 'naive', and that it perhaps wasn't presenting the kind of style I had anticipated. I hope to develop this and overcome this issue by planning out compositions in my sketchbook with more consideration before taking them into Photoshop. Collaging my motifs could be a time efficient method of doing this, and also allows me to adapt the scale of my individual motifs beforehand. 




Comments

Popular Posts