New Tribe: Silhouettes


I have started to look further into the context of fashion, concentrating on structured garment silhouettes which mirror traditional South-American design. The collection photographed by Mario Testino called 'Alta Moda' depicts Peruvian clothing, featuring layered prints and shapes of overlaying garments which reflect architectural design. After discovering this collection and making the connection with my concept, I'm beginning to really consider the outcomes of my project. I hope to start developing street-style designs, which reflect the urban environments im becoming inspired by. 


By analysing this collection, it's apparent that many of the garment forms are reflective of those that are worn within urban environments within modern society. This could also reflect my concept, considering further into how culture becomes intermixed with modern ideas, and how tradition is still relevant within current trends. 


Comments

Popular Posts